One of the biggest misconceptions, when you purchase your valuable fur garment, is how it should be stored in the offseason. Always in Vogue have a humidity controlled fur storage facility on site. This is one of the most important steps you can take to preserve your furs. There are no rules or set dates in regard to when furs should be stored. When it starts to get warm outside and you are done wearing your fur coat for the season it should be put in storage. When the weather gets colder and you are ready to start wearing your fur again you can take it out of storage.
People tend to think that keeping your fur home or in a cedar closet during the summer months and not spending the money on cold storage is okay. Too much heat or too much cold can ruin your valuable fur. Humidity level is important when a fur will be hanging in one place for a long period of time. If the humidity is too low or too high the natural oils in the pelts will dry out. Here are some of the main characteristics that our onsite storage facility has which are important to preserving the garment:
- 40-45 Degrees Fahrenheit at all times.
- Humidity controlled between 45% and 55%.
- Vermin and insect proof
- Theft protection
- Minimal U.V. light exposure
- Ample space for each garment
- Easily accessible facility is on site.
- Once the garment is onsite a professional furrier will examine your garment for repairs, cleanings or damages.